Preventive maintenance inspections can help factory operators ensure the availability and reliability of their extraction plants.
Scope of services
- Visual inspection of the tower drive including the circulation lubrication system.
- Visual inspection of the tower from the inside; this includes the cladding (where present) and the welding seams on stops and blades. The focus is on the upper section of the tower, which bears the greatest loads, and the area around the cossette mixer’s feed hopper.
- Inspection of screens in the tower and countercurrent cossette mixer, including the scrapers.
- Bullgear crack testing (E-P1).
- Inspection of the main bearing (E-P2).
- Test report including documentation of defects and damage; repair recommendations.
Optional: Fitting of available spare parts.
Optional: Removal of cracks during testing where this is technically possible.
Number of staff
Crack testing is carried out by a single BMA service technician. The customer has to make available a second person for the entire duration of the inspection and, on request, also an additional employee.