Experience gathered in more than one hundred years in the design and construction of batch pans and know-how acquired from vertical continuous pans (VKT) now determine the design of modern pans.
- Central downtake
- Welded heating tubes with a tube-to-tube distance <10 mm (providing larger heating surfaces)
- Optimal calandria deaeration and condensate removal
- Mechanical stirrers conformed to calan-dria, downtake, shape of pan bottom and application
- Pan bottom designed for optimum flow (no dead corners)
- Starting volume <30%
- Low massecuite level above the calandria
- Excellent crystal quality even in large units (CV 25 to 30%)
- Efficient separation of juice from vapour
BMA designs and constructs batch pans for all crystallization products in the beet and cane sugar industry and for refineries. They are made in mild steel, or in stainless steel (in whole or in part).
Even though the sugar industry increasingly changes to continuous pan boiling, batch pans are still required, e.g. for the production of seed.
|Net volume, approx.||m3||25.6||32.7||40.9||49.9||60||70.9||82.9||96.2|